Fall is here
Last week saw the autumnal equinox come and go and Fall is officially here. Leaves are changing and the air is crisp. Greg over at Rockgeist: Bikepacking Gear got this great shot of Table Rock and Hawksbill Mountains while exploring the Linville Gorge Wilderness Area with our Grandfather Ranger District map. This map covers the area extending Northeast from Asheville to Blowing Rock and is prime territory for just about any adventure you can imagine. Hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, climbing, kayaking and of course bikepacking. A few highlights include:
- The Blue Ridge Parkway from the Destination Center/Visitor Center mile marker 384 to mile maker 288.
- Linville Gorge Wilderness Area
- Lake James State Park
- The new Fonta Flora County Park and the Fonta Flora State Trail (FFST).
- Mount Mitchell State Park
- Brown Mountain OHV
- Wilson Creek area and National Wild and Scenic River (rapid and class information included!)
- Grandfather Mountain State Park
- Julian Price Memorial Park
- Big Ivy / Coleman Boundary
If you haven't explored this area, Fall is a great time to get out!
Have fun - Be safe - and please take a map with you!